Student Information System (SIS) is a web-based application software designed to introduce for information exchange facility for students, parents, teachers and the administration of all educational institutions like schools and colleges. SIS is where we store all of our student and teacher records, Parents data, course information, registration information, grades, teacher evaluations, communications, and all school information.school can import and export bulk files of students data.
Now a days all educational institutions are looking for a web-based solution such as an efficient SIS with inbuilt techniques to meet the requirements of student information management , administration, and teachers, it offers a complete information management solution. A good student information system enables all accounting and billing functions and simultaneously managing the academic requirements of the students and the administration of a school.
The inbuilt automated mailing system enables systematic, regular emails with details about any fee payments pending by the students. The integrated shared database provides details of college, hostel, or any other fee receivable from a single source.It provides a complete record of students’ attendance and absence details. The reminder option in the system informs the institution management about the irregularities in the attendance or leave details for further action. SIS offers a complete follow-up on all the discipline records of the students to parents. With proper inputs, it provides an easy follow-up on elements to keep up institutional discipline.
SIS systems are designed to support large amounts of data and can be accessed by a number of users at a time.The inbuilt security system allows only registered users to access all the system capabilities; it offers various types of security to restrict access to undefined users, and the received information from other sources is subjected to security scans.
Top 5 Latest Developments in SIS
- Web-based and mobile-based SIS applications have helped provide real-time information access 24×7.
- Traditional Installation and Set-up cycles of SIS has been done away with providing instant access to a readily usable software.
- SIS applications have become more intuitive saving the trouble of repeated training for end users.
- Few self-service SIS applications like SchoolTime are providing one-click software provisioning without the need or involvement of cumbersome IT.
- New automation like holiday calendar, currency and geo-location check, ISBN auto-populate for Library book information, and more, are making modern SIS applications more useful.